1) GENERAL PRACTITIONER
Dr Deena Govender has 40 yrs experience in the medical field having qualified at Natal University King Edward V111 Hospital in 1979.
After 7 years at various hospitals he started his GP practice in Tongaat in 1987 and now also has branches in Umhlanga Rocks and Phoenix.
The following services are offered:
- Minor surgical procedures:
- Suturing of wounds
- Drainage of abscesses
- Wart removal (cautery under local anaesthetic)
- Excision of moles, in-growing toenails and sebaceous cysts
- Drainage of Meibomian cysts (eyelids)
- Screening tests:
- Blood sugar
- Substance abuse
- Computerized Stress ECGs
- Audiometric testing in an audio booth
- Spirometry (lung function tests)
- Ear syringing
- Weight loss programs
- PAP Smears
Some Personal Sporting Achievements:
- Awarded Natal High School Colours in Soccer and Athletics in 1972.
- Founding member of Centurions Tennis Club, Tongaat Panthers AC, Tongaat over 35 Soccer League and Tongaat Table Tennis Union.
- Participated in 12 Comrades Marathons and completed 6 successfully.
- Completed the Washie100 Miler from Port Alfred to East London in 23hrs, 48min in 1998, thereby qualifying for membership to the prestigious Centurions 100 Miler Club.
- Completed 3 Two Oceans Marathons and the Hewitt 100km in Cape Town.
- Participated in the World Veterinary Athletics Marathon in Durban in 1998.
- Met the legendary Brazillian soccerite PELE in Rome at the the Italy World Cup Finals in 1998.
- Attending the 2003 Rugby World Cup Finals in Sydney.
- Part of the medical team 2010 Fifa World Cup, Moses Madhiba Stadium, Durban. Had the privilege of meeting Dunga, Cafu, Torres and Da Silva during this epic event.
- Current member of Central Durban Golf Club.