Dr DG Govender (Deena)
- MBChB (Natal) 1979
- MMed. Sci. Sports Medcine (Natal) 1998
- Travel Medicine Course (Wits) 2002
- DAME (Designated Aviation Medical Examiner) 2007
- DOH (Diploma Occupational Health) (UKZN) 2009
- Basic Underwater Medicine Course (Univ. of Stellenbosch) 2010
- SAMA (South African Medical Association)
- SASMA (South African Sports Medicine Association)
- SASTM (South African Society of Travel Medicine)
- SASOM (South African Society of Occupational Health)
- SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority)
- Internship King Edward Hospital Durban 1980.
- Medical Officer Baragwanath and Livingstone
- Hospitals for 6 years.
- General Practitioner in Tongaat since 1987.
- Started the Umhlanga Sports & Travel Clinic in 2003.
- Joined Umhlanga Medical Practitioners in April 2008
Some Personal Sporting Highlights:
- Natal High School Colors in Soccer and Athletics in 1972.
- Participated in 12 Comrades Marathons and completed 6 successfully.
- Completed the Washie100 Miler from Port
- Alfred to East London in 23hrs, 48min in 1998, thereby qualifying for membership to the
- Centurions 100 Miller Club.
- Completed 3 Two Oceans Marathons and the
- Hewitt 10km in Cape Town.
- Participated in the World Veterinary Athletic
- Marathon in Durban in 1998.
- Meeting the legendary Brazillian soccerite PELE in Rome at the the Italy World Cup Finals in 1998.
- Attending the 2003 Rugby World Cup Finals in Sydney.
- Players Medical Officer, 2010 Fifa World Cup, Durban