Dr DG Govender (Deena)
Dr Deena Govender qualified at Natal University in 1979 and has seven years of hospital and 33 years of general practice experience. He offers a wide range of medical services at his practices in Tongaat, Umhlanga Rocks and Phoenix viz:
- General practitioner
- Occupational health practitioner
- Travel clinic
- Sports medicine
- Aviation medicals – Senior AME
- Dive medicals
- Executive medicals
- Insurance medicals
- MBChB (Natal) 1979
- MMED.SCL. Sports Medicine (Natal) 1998
- Travel Medicine Course (Wits) 2002
- SENIOR DAME ( Aviation Medical Examiner) 2007 CAA SA
- DOH (Diploma Occupational Health) (UKZN) 2009
- Basic Underwater Medicine Course (Univ. of Stellenbosch) 2010
- SAMA (South African Medical Association)
- SASMA (South African Sports Medicine Association)
- SASTM (South African Society of Travel Medicine)
- SASOM (South African Society of Occupational Health)
- SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority)
- Internship King Edward VIII Hospital Durban 1980.
- Medical Officer Baragwanath and Livingstone Hospitals for 6 years.
- General Practitioner in Tongaat since 1987.
- Started the Umhlanga Sports & Travel Clinic in 2003.
- Joined Netcare Umhlanga Medical Practitioners in April 2008
- Presently has practices in Umhlanga Rocks, Phoenix and Tongaat.